TITLE OF SESSION
The Leadership Wisdom of Dogs: How to Get a Leg Up at Work
1. Learn how great leaders-like dogs-are Faithful, Inspirational, Determined and Observant (spells FIDO), and how to improve your capabilities in each area;
2. Discover the traits most critical to developing influential personal leadership and the keys to successfully leading an aligned, high-performance team; and,
3. Provide a memorable and relatable framework for leadership development that includes practical tips on how to avoid ending up in the "corporate doghouse" wearing the cone of shame.
Leadership lessons from dogs? Woof yes!
Your leadership qualities - and how you lead your team - are critically important to your success. This is your opportunity to unleash yourself, learn some new tricks and get a leg up at work.
Drawn from her new book The Fido Factor, renowned consultant Krissi Barr will make you laugh and make you think as she reveals the secret leadership wisdom business professionals can learn from their four-legged friends.
The cornerstone concept is that great leaders, like great dogs, exhibit four key traits: they are faithful to their pack, inspirational to their teammates, determined to succeed and observant of their surroundings. By drilling down into each "FIDO factor" you'll discover new ways to upgrade your leadership quotient, including:
- How to demonstrate an "I've got your tail" attitude to build trust.
- What great leaders of the pack do that others don't.
- Ways to become more doggedly determined and get the right things done.
- How to pick up on the small details to avoid big problems.
- Tips to avoid the corporate dog house wearing the cone of shame.
- How Faithful leaders earn loyalty by wearing their positive emotions on their collars and doing what they say they're going to do when they say they'll do it.
- How Inspirational leaders move people to do the meaningful and the extraordinary with their optimism and passion.
- How Determined leaders focus on what matters most, shake off setbacks and keep moving toward their goals.
- How Observant leaders spot problems and opportunities sooner by sensing things other people miss.
Don't let the cuddly premise fool you. This is a serious presentation of practical leadership ideas that will help you succeed at work and in life. The dog angle just makes it a lot more fun!
For over 15 years, Krissi Barr has helped businesses and individuals succeed. Her consulting firm, Barr Corporate Success, has consistently delivered results working with everything from Fortune 50 companies to family businesses and start-ups. Her company's efforts have sparked transformations that have produced long-term growth and profitability, as evidenced by the fact that over 95% of her clients have met or exceeded their objectives.
Barr Corporate Success specializes in:
- Executive & team coaching
- Strategic planning & implementation
- Behavioral assessments to hire, train & develop great employees
- Leadership & strategy training programs
- Keynote speeches
Krissi is the author of two business books (The Fido Factor on leadership and Plugged on strategy), she has chaired or co-chaired over 30 non-profit events, she was selected by INC. Magazine as one of America's top-ten "super-efficient" and she is personally responsible for bringing a labyrinth to downtown Cincinnati's Riverfront Park.
She's had the good fortune to help thousands of people and hundreds of companies. Receiving feedback like the quotes below explains why Krissi is so passionate about what she does.
- "Krissi Barr absolutely ROCKS!"
- "Good coaches are hard to come by. Great ones are even harder to find. Krissi earns the 'great' coach accolade."
- "You have made an enormous difference in our business and I value the input you have given us."
- "Thank you for making our future come alive!"
- "Your assessments are amazing. You really helped us upgrade our management candidates."
- "Krissi is the right fit for organizations and individuals that are serious about making an impact."
- "Thank you for a great program on leadership. I have been to thousands of these over my 30 years and yours was the topper!"
- "Your books have had an enormous impact on my career...thank you!"