TITLE OF SESSION
HR on Purpose !! - 5 Ways to Own, Lead and Integrate HR throughout your Organization
1. Owning HR - HR is at a crossroads where we need to own who we are and what we bring to organizations. We are not a support function. We are a leadership/development arm of the company.
2. The Human Factor - HR has the ability to personalize and practice HR at the individual level. Done well this leads to building the whole into an organization filled with people who truly perform in their roles. This is much more than putting the "H" in HR. It's allowing people to bring their best to their role every day.
3. The Power of Context - Giving employees context around why we have parameters and processes is a shift from the traditional organization. HR can affect the company from a behavioral perspective which is sustainable on a long-term basis.
4. Development not Measurement - HR must develop employees from the C-Suite to Management to Front-line Supervision. This takes a complete break from how companies currently approach employees. There is an intentional method that breaks through and leverages the strengths of our people.
5. Approach is Key - HR has the responsibility to model the behavior it wants to see in others. It's not good enough to design programs, performance must be visible and consistent. HR sets the standard and direction of culture strategically across the organization.
HR is a critical function in organizations and is a fantastic profession !! Too often we sell ourselves short versus leveraging the value and strength we bring each day. This session shows practitioners tangible ways to own their role in their company, effective ways to integrate across departments, and how to build and sustain the human factor in the workplace.
Steve Browne, SHRM-SCP, is the Executive Director of Human Resources for LaRosa's, Inc.- a regional Pizzeria restaurant chain in Southwest Ohio with 16 locations and over 1,200 team members. Steve has been an HR professional for 25+ years and has worked in Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Professional Services industries in various HR roles. He currently serves on the Board of SHRM as a Director and is a past Membership Advisory Council (MAC) representative for the North Central Region of SHRM and past Ohio State Council Director. He facilitates a monthly HR Roundtable as well as an HR internet forum called HR Net which reaches over 7,000 people globally each week. Steve is an accomplished speaker who has been featured at local, regional and national Conferences, Chamber of Commerce, HR chapters and businesses. He's very active on Social Media and has a nationally recognized HR Blog- Everyday People. (http://sbrownehr.com)